Resources for General Help with R
Dedicated channels for R help
For help on topics that are not related to contributing to R, please post on one of the following:
General R communities
Posts about R can be found with the #RStats tag on social media such as Mastodon, X, etc. Sometimes posting about an issue can be an effective way to find help.
- The R Project for Statistical Computing LinkedIn Group - a community-run private discussion group for R users
- discoRd - a Discord server for text or voice chat with other R users. Many specialized channels (e.g. finance, R markdown, machine learning) as well as general R and non-R chat.
- grrr - French-speaking R Users Slack.
R communities for members of underrepresented groups
There are several communities for members of groups that are underrepresented in the R community. Many have Slack groups, sometimes with specific channels to ask for help with R.
- R-Ladies community Slack - general help with R on #r-help channel, Slack group is for women and gender minorities only.
- RainbowR community Slack - supporting LGBTQ+ people who code in the R language.
- Minorities in R community Slack - supporting R users from marginalized races, genders, and the disabled community.
- LatinR Slack - supporting R users from or living in Latin America. Use the #r-ajuda-r-ayuda channel to get help in Spanish, (Brazilian) Portuguese or English.